7/30/2013

Post #30 - High Self Esteem - Thanks Mom and Dad

I find it hard to believe that there are parents out there that don't overly praise everything about their children. Well, I guess that I know they exist, but thinking about these types of parents just makes me sad. People should be as lucky as I have been in my life to have parents that think everything you do is great.

There was a comedy bit I remember Amy Schumer doing in which she said she never knew she was awkward looking, because her mom always told her how beautiful she was....frizzy hair, cat shirts and all, which lead her to have high self esteem. I can relate to that.

My mom thinks that my writing is amazing. I should be writing novels, screenplays, columns, you name it...my words should be there. My dad can't really tell you accurately what I do for a living, but what he can tell you is just how good I am at it. I am a modern day business lady...jet setting from exotic location to exotic location...Durham to San Antonio, yo! They both think that I am one of the most beautiful people in the world...tied with their other children and grandchildren.

They are obviously the most brilliant and insightful people in the world.

When I see other people in horrible relationships, girls (and guys) that will forgive cheaters, or people that are just mean to them, I think, "Why do they put up with that?" And I automatically realize, they must not have high self esteem, that they some how think that deserve to be treated that way. I should lend them my parents for a week. My parents will praise them to the point that they will realize how amazing they are and will kick the loser to the corner.

You can rent my parents for a low price of $50 a week: Discount due to the corny/inappropriate jokes from my dad and for my mom ordering food from a restaurant and complaining about the choice she made (remember Mom, you don't like Chicken Fried Steak). Heart those crazy kids!

No comments: