7/14/2013

July Blogernity Post #14 - A Random Sampling of My Music Playlist

I knew this day would come too soon. I have run out of ideas! So I thought I would share with you a sampling of my entire playlist of music. Here are the first 10 songs that played while I wrote this entry, and a little commentary:

1. Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven: Who doesn't love Doolittle? There is not a song on that album I dislike, and this is one of the top songs that I like on that album.
2. John Butler Trio - I Used to Get High: Even though this song came out after I was in high school, it still bring me back to that time, when I had a bunch of hippie dippie pothead friends. Ah, love and miss those girls.
3. Rufio - Control: These are one of those songs that remain in my playlist even though I never listen to it. Meh.
4. Nick Cannon - Gigolo: This came from a time that I downloaded a bunch of dancey-party songs for my sister's house parties. I probably could have chosen more wisely.
5. Collective Soul - Where the River Flows: Bringing it way back in time to middle school. When I was preppy grunge.
6. Kimya Dawson - Tire Swing: I love the Juno soundtrack!
7. Janet Jackson - Escapade: Once again, who doesn't love Janet? 80's Janet could do no wrong.
8. Pixies - Dead: Whoa, two songs from Doolittle. My playlist must know that I like that album.
9. Demetri Martin - The Jokes with Guitar: As much as I love Demetri Martin, it is kind of disappointing when a comedy routine pops up in your "10 songs" list. If you never heard of Demetri Martin, you should look him up on Youtube. Hilarious!
10. Ash - Lost in You: This band always reminds me of my sister. Love that little hipster!

No comments: