7/24/2013

July Nostalgia Epidemic - Post #24 - My Inner Self Will Always be the 11 Year Old Version of Me

Oh what a difference 20 years makes.

It has just been recently pointed out to me that Ace of Base's The Sign and The Sandlot, are both 20 years old!  They both came out in 1993. At first I did not want to believe it. No way could that be 20 years ago. Because that is a long time and I can distinctly remember when those items first came out. I basically felt like a grown up at that time. OK, I was only 10/11 years old, but still old enough to have a lasting memory.

But if I really think about it, I remember a lot of things from that time in my life. It is almost as if that onset of adolescence really sticks with a person, or at least it did for me. So I decided to look up 1993 year in review to see if things really did make me go: "Really? That was 20 years ago? Ugh."

And guess what this website (http://pop-culture.us/Annual/1993.html) made me say that phrase repeatedly. Maybe instead I should say to myself, "Really, That was ONLY 20 years ago." Maybe that will make me feel better?

Songs: 
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Informer - Snow Freak Me - Silk
That's The Way Love Goes - Janet Jackson
Weak - SWV (Sisters With Voices)
Dreamlover - Mariah Carey

TV Shows:
Home Improvement (ABC)
Seinfeld (NBC)
Roseanne (ABC)
Grace Under Fire (ABC)
Coach (ABC)
Frasier (NBC)

Movies:
Jurassic Park
Mrs. Doubtfire
Sleepless In Seattle
Schindler's List

Scandels/Shocking Death:
Michael Jackson's pedophile case
Brandon Lee's onset death
River Phoenix's drug related death

No comments: