1/08/2007

Three Cheers for Unprotected Sex!!!

Or not.

This weekend I got a phone call from my dad. This should have tipped me off that the news was not good. Next The Dad said, "Hollie, are you sitting down?" Now, given that the last time my dad called me (The Mom usually is the one calling with The Dad yelling stuff in the background that he wants me to know) he informed me that my grandma was unresponsive in the hospital, my mind started to think Oh my, who died this time as my heart raced. Then he informed me that my teenage cousin (that already had one child when she was 14) was once again pregnant at the age of 16.

At first I had a sense of relief. OK, no one died. Next was the feeling of FUCK! I can't believe she let that gross guy come near her (yes it was the same guy that knocked her up). Final feeling, which is still occurring, that poor kid. That kid will be even more screwed up that the one that is here now. I am worried that the baby is not getting good prenatal care. Also, my cousin is missing out on her quality teenage years. It is such a tragedy.

Worse yet, she is due a month before my sister. So this means that my cousin's family has been keeping it from us for a while. But as I told my mom, the first time round I could bite my tongue because mistakes happen. However, this type of mistake does not happen twice and the next time I see my cousin I will be gifting her with boxes upon boxes of condoms and lubrication (as well as a lesson on how they work) along with a lesson on birth control pills and the alternatives to them. I know that she is pregnant and its too late (AGAIN) but I can at least prevent from her having three before 18. Lord knows someone needs to be teaching her some sex education, because her "vow" never to have sex again really seemed to work.

An alternative title I was thinking I could use: My Family=White/Native American Trash at Its Finest.

No comments: