9/27/2004

Ouch!!! Out dissed!!!

I really like being recognized. I was sitting in the College Library computer lab when I felt a person walking toward my general direction. This person put his hand on my shoulder and kept it there while he said, "Holland? Right?" I looked up to a semi-familiar face and just smiled awkwardly and said, "Eh, yeah." He said something that I couldn't really comprehend because the sound of blood pumping through my ears was distracting me. I am pretty sure it was something about a class we were in together. I just said yes again and walked away as he was sitting by the computer next to me. Now, I was already prepared to leave before he confronted me so it wasn't entirely because he scared me. I really hope he didn't chose that specific computer so he could sit next to and reminisce about our class (which I later came to the conclusion was a Spanish class freshman year). People should know better than talk to me if they hardly know me. It gives me small panic attacks.

While sitting in my Comparative Literature (Comics) lecture, I had the sense that I may be not deep. We are reading Violent Cases, and we were interpreting the main characters feelings toward the town and how that reflected the feelings toward his father. I did not get this reference while reading because I am not deep. However, being not deep does not make me shallow. There is a distinct difference between being not deep and being shallow. Shallow, I believe, implies that one does not care about the deeper meaning to things. Being not deep means that I cannot see the deeper meaning but really would like to know. This is why I like to take literature classes. It can help me be deep, or at least somewhat deep.

No comments: