3/22/2007

Negative Kudos: A glimpse into the near future?

When the news first broke that John Edwards and his wife were going to have a news conference concerning her health, I think many people knew what was to come. Her cancer had returned, but would this affect his campaign for presidency in 2008. As it turns out, it is not. He is still planning on running.

This story makes me sad for two reasons: First, because it is sad to hear that anyone is sick, especially if they are going through their second bout of cancer (this time an 'incurable' case). Second, I am just imaging what the O'Reiley's of the world will say. "Don't let Edwards use this as a way to gain not only your sympathy, but your vote as well." Because assholes do tend to say this type of crap. So, I am giving my negative kudos to the people I know will "Go There."

I am not naive. I know that people, especially politians, have a way of using media and publicity to sway the opinion of the people. But this seems to tragically genunie. I wish the best for the Edwards family. Cancer sucks.

No comments: