5/08/2006

Those immigrants should just be English-speakers

Just got done watching a segment on Nightline talking about how the Senate wants to pass a bill that the Star Spangle Banner should/will be song in English...ummm ok. How exactly is this going to be enforced? Fines? Imprisonment? Execution?

Remember that time they had Native Americans sing the National Anthem in their native language for the Olympics (don't ask me when or where this was done,it could have not even been done for the Olympics but the Superbowl instead, but I remember it was done)? So its diverse and moving then but now it is an abomination? Oh yea, now I remember why its bad. Because we have to be reminded that all Mexican Immigrants are dirty, evil and anti-American in every aspect. You know, because being American does not mean being diverse and coming from many different backgrounds. Being American means you are English-speaking, white, straight, Christian and...am I missing anything?

I'm glad the Senate is working on this and not working on gas prices, environment, health care etc. etc. I hope the next bill they pass is one that makes it illegal for anyone to walk the streets not wearing the colors red, white and/or blue.

1 comment:

jessicarae said...

I have to agree with the captain on this one. The Star-Spangled Banner is a completely different story.