5/30/2006

Creepy!

So a few hours ago, there was a thunder storm. It was really dark and grey and there were a few lightening strikes. I take a look out my office window and I see some random kid standing in front of the apartment complex doors. Just standing there in his/her raincoat looking off into the distance. Why was that kid just standing there? Where are the parents? Why is that kid, like, 2 feet tall? I half expected the kid to turn to me with neon green glowing eyes.

Speaking of how kids are weird and creepy...At my work, I signed us up for this program called Color a Smile. Basically we receive pictures that some random children draw, and we hang them up around places to "brighten" peoples days. Some are cute, some are scary. For example: One kid drew the sun and a flower. The flower and sun have faces on them. The sun, looks like your normal yellow ball with a smile on it (ala "Have a Nice Day!") but the flower has this really evil sinister smile on it. Not to mention it is about 1000% taller than the other flowers on the picture. It creeps me out. 9 year-old Hailey, you creep me out with your flower drawings!

What I find funny about these entries is how kids will write out their age. They are so willing and ready to tell you exactly how old they are. They would tell you the number of years, months, weeks, days, hours and minutes old they are if they could. You can also tell the kids that just learned to write down how old they are, because they will write it down multiple times (Age: 5 5 5 ). Kids are most definitely weird.

No comments: