2/23/2006

This week has been weird

Tuesday I got my car to a mechanic because apparently a head gasket needed to be replaced. Boooo. They told me that it would be ready by Wednesday afternoon. They lied. The car is still in the shop for additional crap that is, as of right now, undiagnosed. Screw mechanics. I've never met an honest one.

Sometime last week I lost my mitten. I thought maybe I lost it at a coffee shop I was at. I didn't. As I was crossing the street to get to my apartment today, I looked down at the street at a flattened mitten. It was mine! I picked it up. Perhaps it is salvageable.

I have been taking the bus to get to and from work. It is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Granted, it takes an hour to travel to or from, but still easy. I am used to small town buses, which there is one bus transfer point. Not this transfer where you may stuff. Even writing it now I hate how much I sound like a hick. Anyway, Wednesday after work I was standing there waiting with everyone else for the bus. This one man was standing there with his daughter who looks about 2 years-old. She was spinning around and running in circles around he dad. She stopped in front of me, and said something I couldn't quite understand, ran up to me and wrapped her arms around my legs. I just smiled and bent over and patted her on her back. Her dad apologized and called her back to him.

The only thing I hate about busing it, is running across busy streets and climbing over snow banks because there are no sidewalks by the building I work at.

The sound on my computer was off for five days, and then I downloaded a new version of win-amp. As I pressed play, the music blared out of the speakers. Weird how this stuff works out. I didn't even try to fix it, and it fixed itself, I guess.

Even though I signed a sheet declaring my self a new costumer of the electrical company months ago, I JUST got a notice stating that I am a new costumer and being billed effective mid February. Whatever, as long as I had those few months free.

I handed out flyers to each unit at the development I work at. There is 358 units. I put the flyers under the doors of the units. 358 times bending over and standing up. Afterward, I felt like I spent the day at the amusement park You must know what I mean. Like your body is still experiencing that up and down movement. It isn't as pleasant as the rides themselves. I kind of felt nauseous.

All this walking and moving around is making me realize that: I am out of shape, I am lazy and I miss walking everywhere, like in Madison.

No comments: