2/06/2006

Job offer...maybe, kind of

So the placement that I am at now is only temporary. I am basically an intern. After my Public Allies stint at my placement, I am free to roam off on my own. As far as I know, my placement could offer me the job full-time. I went into this thinking that may be a possibility. However, the more I got into my job, the more unrealistic it became. Not necessarily because I didn't want it, but because I thought I was sucking some major ass in position I was in. Then I got a call today...

It was from an intern at the national offices. She works below the woman who initially hired me. Anyway, the intern was talking to me, critiquing the way I filled out my monthly report, and she mentioned how she was going to be sad to see me go after my 10 months were up. I wish I could transcribe the entire conversation so that you, the reader, could help in giving me your opinion in what was really being said but I don't remember what she said word for word. Since I don't remember I am just going to have to tell you what I took from the conversation.

What I got was that they were interested in having me stay after my Public Allies time, but they didn't think that it was possible, based off policies that PA and/or they have. I told her that I thought I remembered other Allies in the past being hired on to their placements. This information seemed to both surprise and intrigue her. She did tell me at the end of our conversation, to keep them in mind when the 10 months are up. Hmm. Maybe I am reading too much into it. It would be nice to have a solid job offer after this is all done.

Is it just me or are my blogs boring, horrible written, and/or stupid? Wait a minute...Don't answer that.

No comments: