11/17/2006

Hangin' Tough

Driving home, I stopped at a traffic light and walking down an alleyway to my right, were three 10-12 year old boys.

I don't know about you, but when I was that age, I was friends with some "bad" kids. They were known to swear and "smoke" cigarettes (by this I mean puff and not inhale). They would walk down the streets with "tough" looks on there faces. I wasn't as tough as they were, because I was a good kid and just not cool but I wanted to be cool. So that is why I hung out with them.

These kids reminded me of my old friends. So naturally I smiled in their direction. Then I saw them walk across the street in front of me. Midway through the light changed on them. Two of the three bolted across the street. The last one...wait for it...SKIPPED across the street. Not just skip, but skip almost joyfully.

This is when I started to laugh hysterically, which wasn't that good since I was now driving. It was just too funny to watch this kid, who was trying to look tough with his friends, skip across the street. Tough kids don't skip.

No comments: