8/01/2006

All Grown Up~~~Worst Blog Ever

I was taking a shower earlier, and as I was shaving my legs I thought about the very first time I did that. It is one of those passages in a girl's life. A big step that makes you feel like you are that much closer to womanhood. That first time shaving your legs...It's actually fun. As you get older, you realize what a pain in the ass it is. Waxing is not much of an alternative since it hurts like a mother. Laser treatments are expensive and not that useful. I could not shave my legs at all (hey, everyone already thinks I am a hippie), but I like the way my legs feel when I rub them together right after I shave.

Anyway, back to my first time shaving my legs. I remember I wanted to do it badly. My sister is only 11 months older than me, so not surprisingly, when she would reach a "milestone" I would want the same thing to happen to me as well. I asked my mom if I could. I don't remember if she protested much but I got my way.

If I remember right, the first shaving took place on top of my kitchen table. I don't know why that happened either. Maybe my mom wanted to make sure I was doing it right and I wouldn't slaughter my legs. Maybe I wanted to be on display for everyone to see me being an adult. I didn't get any nicks or cuts. I was a pro!

Isn't it weird how these type of memories just suddenly hit you and then you kind of stew on it for awhile?

I won't share anymore memories of my first steps into womanhood because...That's just gross.

No comments: