8/24/2006

Today in Yahoo news...

Pluto is not a planet.


So, now when I ask kids to name all the planets in our solar system, and they name Pluto, I can shout, "No! You're wrong! Stupidhead."

Speaking of being mean to children. I have been having these bizarre dreams involving me taking care of children and being horrible at it. Here are two dreams I remember:

1. I gained custody of my little cousin's baby (who will be 10 months in about a week). I made no preparations like getting a crib, car seat, clothes, formula, child care, healthcare etc etc. While I was at work, I would leave her in my apartment alone. I would not give her baths and not change her diapers enough and I (as a character in my dream) was totally ok with this. Looking at her, she looked kind of like that freaky baby climbing on the ceiling during Trainspotting. I woke up feeling really guilty.

2. For some reason, I was a pre-k teacher. Some kids were in the corner and one kid did something that upset me (looking back at it, I think the actually incident was minor but hey, it was a dream so everything is exaggerated). I grab the kid by the collar of his shirt and proceed to carry him, still hanging by the collar, to the principals office (imagine a mother cap carrying her kittens to her nesting area). Right before we entered the office, I was shouting at the child while shaking them hard. Once again, woke up feeling guilty.

I want to make a note here for strangers who will be reading this. Those above two examples are just dreams. I would never, in anyway, harm or neglect children. That is why I am so troubled by these dreams. I have no idea how to interpret those dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MVEMJSUNP

No more My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas. Sad times.