8/05/2006

Little Pictures Have Big Ears

I went back to my hometown this weekend. While at home, my mom told me a story about my little cousin saying something funny in front of strangers regarding another family member of ours. My mom went on to say that my cousin reminder her of me when I was little. I was not afraid to say what was on my mind in front of family and friends of my parents. For example, I told one of my parents friends that her hair was "snarly." Luckily for me, she thought I said her hair was gnarly, so she just thanked me.

My mom also told me about a funny story about a trip I took to the grocery store with my dad when I was about two years old. My dad was pushing around the cart, with me sitting in the front seat, when I let out a burp. There was an older woman in the same aisle, so to show that my dad was raising a polite girl, he asked me, "What do you say?" and I replied, "Better out than in." I learned that from my dad who would occasionally say that when he let out burps or farts. I was a bright child who picked up things fast, awhile embarrassing my parents with my social skills.

I think I told the story already somewhere in this blog, but I don't care.

No comments: