8/11/2006

Watch This Movie!!!

Little Miss Sunshine (short description: dysfunctional family takes a road trip to the youngest family member's Beauty Pageant. Starring: Steve Carrell, Toni Collette, Greg Kinnear, Alan Arkin, that little girl from Signs, and that boy from that Lifetime movie about being a teenage dad).

I went to see a special screening last night with two friends. I saw a trailer for it earlier in the summer when I went to see, Thank You For Smoking (also great movie), and I thought it looked funny. Imagine how pumped I was when about two weeks ago I saw that they were having a free screening of it in Milwaukee. I signed myself up for two tickets right away.

I have only been to one screening before and that was for Pixar's Cars (I guess it was ok, for a kid's movie). Anyway. There seemed to be a lot of security. They checked our phones, patted some people down to make sure there were no recording devices. And then they told us to stay afterward to give our opinion on the movie.

The movie was inappropriately funny and oddly touching . The pacing was good. It would probably be slow to some (with a rather gloomy beginning) but it becomes much quicker and almost joyous towards the end. Oh, and don't bring the kids.

It's in limited release, but I have heard rumors it will be released nation-wide.

No comments: