7/19/2006

Welcome to my life, tattoo!

When I got my first tattoo my dad found out, started to laugh and sang The Who's Tattoo. It was one of those, "I'm 18, so its time to get one," tattoos. I did take time to figure out what I wanted before I went in to get it. I was a little pissed that exactly what I wanted just happened to be on the wall of the shop.

When I got my second tattoo, my parents were supportive because it was simply three letters on my foot. They were only supportive because they were my grandmother's initials and thought it was a fitting tribute to her (she had past away a month prior).

On Monday I just got my third tattoo. I have been waiting about two years to get it done. The design of it was done by my friend Crystal. She couldn't even go with me to get it because she is all the way on the east coast now. It was my first time going all by myself. I felt like such a grown up, because normally I don't like going places by myself. Also, I like someone I know to be there with me while I go get the tattoo so they can distract me from the pain through conversation.

Only person that had an opinion this time around was my sister, whose exact words (upon finding out I was getting it and where I was planning on putting it-upper middle of my back-) were, "You couldn't wait until after my wedding?"Hee. At least I am still making my parents proud by putting my tattoos in places that can be hidden by work clothes. And I still look like a clean wholesome innocent woman that wouldn't dare have tattoos, because they are only for bikers and prostitutes.

No comments: