7/06/2006

Flogging Molly is for babies

Went to Summerfest last night with my brother-o and his girlfriend. He wanted to go see Flogging Molly (with Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band performing right before them) and asked if I wanted to come along with. I had a free ticket, and didn't have any other plans to go (no bands I desperately wanted to see) so I said I would go.

We got to the stage and sat down right before RPBDB went on, and I knew right away I was going to be annoyed out of my mind. The average age of the kids had to be 16-18. Parents were scattered around as well. The idiots were WEARING Flogging Molly t-shirts. Don't they know you don't wear the band's t-shirt when you go to see them play? Concert faux-pas!

I did have a good time though. I made fun of the guys not wearing shirts, the hippies dancing around likes idiots, the little "punks" pumping their fists to "Rebels of the Sacred Heart." Do these kids even understand where the mentality of Irish punk/rock comes from? Probably not.

RPBDB was awesome. First time I have seem them perform. They have a great sound and good energy. I would go see them again if they come back to Milwaukee.

No comments: