7/18/2006

Night of the 8th - Seether: a band that sucks

I went to go see them at Summerfest. My friend really wanted to go and had free tickets, so I figured I would go and drink my way through the misery. Besides, I have dragged my friends to bands they either didn't like/know.

Sorry to all the Seether fans out there, but they just are a painful band to listen to. Not a fan of the genre in the first place, so whatever. Luckily my friend had another friend that we met up with, so I could busy myself by making several trips to the beer tent, and several trips to the bathroom and she still had someone to be with to watch the show. So in total, I saw about 10 minutes of the show. Good times.

Afterward we took the free bus to the downtown area to drink some more. While riding we chatted with some guy (15-20 years older than us) who was also a Wisconsin alum and talked about our majors and what we were doing currently (we were being polite because this guy was rather belligerently annoying). At our stop we said goodbye and got off the bus. Halfway down the block we notice same guy following us. We enter the bar, and so does he. We order our drinks and stand in a corner and he joins us again. For about 10 minutes my friends and I don't really say anything, just staring at each other, "subtly" giving the hint we were not interested in engaging in conversation. Hee, we are beeyotches. Finally the guy leaves the bar. We always befriend random people whilst we are out drinking that like to follow us around for the remainder of the night (I will post another amusing story later).

No comments: