4/29/2006

"I feel like I'm on Mr. Rogers"

For part of our Friday training, we got to tour the local recycling center. I was really interesting, especially to a super-nerd such as myself. They had machines which could separate the glass, aluminum, plastic etc. Then it can even separate the glass by color. Machines alone can't do it all, of course, so they do have some man power to sort through the recyclable before it goes through its final stages. They work at lightening speed in a loud, hot environment. Here is the thing that got to me: The guy that was giving the tour walked out of the area with the workers stating, loudly, "That's why we at least get a high school diploma." Ass.

1 comment:

jwiltshire said...

Haha that's awesome. Like the old lady that referred to me as "the help" to her friend, right in front of me.