10/25/2006

Sometimes, other people's lives are amusing...

I heard two stories recently that I found cute and funny:

Number 1:

The characters: My sister and her husband.
The setting
: Acapulco, on their honeymoon.
Quick back story
: My sister always used to be able to stick her stomach out pretty far and used to do so (while saying "I'm pregnant!") to make people laugh. Also, my sister found out a few weeks before her wedding that she was pregnant (That's right bitches, I am going to be an Auntie and my sister is a sinner who does "it" before she is married, heh).
The story
: My sister and her husband, while on vacation tried to speak Spanish, especially when necessary. I'm thinking this happened when they were alone in their hotel room, but my sister did her normal sticking out her stomach thing for her husband. He just looked at her and said, "MUCHAS PREGUNTAS!" My sister giggled and said, "You just said, 'Many Questions!'" I can't wait until she starts to really show. I am going to be saying that to her all the time.

Number 2 (heard while at a baby shower for a friend):

The characters: The host of the party (friend to my friend who is having the baby) and her now husband.
The setting: Unknown, but during the proposal.
Quick back story
: They don't know much about wedding/engagement traditions.
The story
: He said to her, "Megan, will you marry me?" She said, "Yeah!" He slipped the ring on her finger. Then he said, "Do me! Do me!," while holding out his left hand, ring finger extended. She said, "Ok! Shawn, will you marry me?" He said yes and she slipped on his ring. Few weeks later, a co-worker saw his ring and said, "You know YOU aren't suppose to wear the ring until AFTER the wedding, right?" And he said, "But she gets to wear her's!" Dude, that is the third guy this year I have heard that was super excited to wear the wedding ring. How adorable.

No comments: