4/29/2005

Juliette" Louise" and making fun of little children

So last night Ri, CM, Andy and I went to see Juliette Lewis's band The Licks at Union South. The little bit of the show that I actually got to pay attention wasn't half bad. The other half that I wasn't paying attention was committed to trying to save my own life from the moshers in front of me. I am getting to old to go to shows like that, and I am only 22 years old!!! Anyway, Juliette was very hardcore (and that is not being sarcastic). She totally knew how to rock it out without trying (or shall I say not trying too hard?).

The opening band was called, Faithful Promise which is a local band. I don't really know how old they were but they looked like babies. Their band was good, I wasn't blown away but pleasantly surprised. The lead singer has a killer "rock scream" as I like to call it. Rianna turned to me while they were playing and said, "Who do you think is the cutest?" I found this question a little disturbing since they looked like they were still in high school. I turned to her and said, "the bassist."

During the show we ran in to this guy we use to hang around with and he invited us to his birthday party afterward. At the party we started it off with a bang...discussing American Gladiators and watching a little Double Dare 2000. It is fun to make fun of children that can't answer simple questions.

No comments: