4/18/2005

I enjoy drinking Kool-aid out of the Guinness glass that Rianna stole from a bar when she was drunk

Don't you just love titles that have nothing to do with the content of my blog?

I hate writing papers at this time of night. I am such a procrastinator. However, I have found that if I try to do any writing, blog-wise of academic-wise, in the afternoon or morning I consistently draw a blank. It is complete writer's block. When I write at night, I become a sudden genius. Perhaps its just my exhaustion that distorts my perceptions. Its like beer goggles, except with no alcohol (just sleep deprivation) or ugly boys (just a badly written paper).

My sister has recently got a new cat by the name of IGGY. Capitalization is not necessary, but I thought I should emphasize his name because it is awesome. He, on the other hand, is not so awesome. His 3 month stay at the Humane Society has left him with separation issues. Iggy is very demanding for attention, and if you allow him to sleep on your bed, he will lay on top of you as opposed to next to you. He prefers to sleep on my neck. Apparently he also has throat irregularities, so when he meows, he sounds like Gizmo.

My sister's best friend, Shikara, just had baby number 3, Layla Elizabeth (Baby number 2, Autumn picked it out). Shikara is only 22 years old, but get this...she had her first child at the age of 16, finished high school early, got her associate's degree in accounting, is working on her bachelor's degree with a double major in accounting and marketing (currently just a few credits shy from graduating) and was able to get a job working as an account making good money, all while raising her kids and not shoveling off responsibilities to relatives and has been with the same guy for 7 years. She is so super motivated and should be a role model for all teen mothers to show that it is possible to get an education and still be a mother.

No comments: