4/19/2005

You remember Hollie right? She's your other daughter...

Ok Blog readers...maybe you can tell me if this is rude or not.

My dear sister tends to talk to our mother more than I do, mostly because I am a bad person who never keeps in touch when I am away and partly because I am a bad daughter. Rianna likes to inform my mother of my news, even though I would like to be the first person to tell her. Here is the most recent example.

I applied for Teach For America. Today I got the letter telling me if I was accepted or not. Rianna was home when the mail came, and I was not. She called me to let me know it was in and wanted to know if I wanted her to open it and read the response. I said ok because I figured I knew the answer. She opened it, read the REJECTION (not a shocker to me at all), we said our goodbyes and hung up. When I got home later that day Rianna informed me that she told our mother already. I didn't really say anything to her just gave her a look and she responded "I figured if you wanted me to open it you would want me to tell her....She was on-line!!!" I then asked her if she was hypothetically the first person to find out I was engaged, would she ruin it for me and call mom and tell her. She said yes in a jokingly manner but I knew she would.

So was it right of her to tell our mother before I had the chance to or am I, as Freud would say, subconsciously projecting my anger at TFA towards my sister?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm I think you are totally over reacting at what your sister did. If you didn't want her to tell anyone, you should have told her so when you had the chance to (I am guessing you didn't tell her not to). And if your mom asked your sister before she had the chance to, was your sister just suppose to not answer?

jessicarae said...

So, I totally disagree with what anonymous had to say.