11/03/2004

In the words of Nancy Kerrigan, "WHY?????? WHY??????"

As you can tell from the description of my blog, I do not hold People in high regard. At the moment I do not like American people all that much. How smart do you have to be to vote for George W. Bush. Exit polls showed that people thought the invasion of Iraq was a bad idea, and that they were not happy with the way the country was going. So obviously the most logical thing is to vote the guy, that has been screwing us over for the past four years, to another four years in office. Statistics show that new voters tend to be liberal, and in a landmark election with a significant amount of new voters, Dubya not only wins the electoral, but the popular vote as well. Oh dear god. I know that I make fun of Canada on a daily basis, but come on. It is looking like a utopia now. Just think how great the next four years: three new Supreme Court Justices, that no doubt will be pro-life, anti-affirmative action and anti gay marriage (Basically anything opposite of what I believe). I just can't wait until the government has more control over my life than myself.

Don't you like stories about voter disenfranchisement. Well here is another one: My brother's friend's parents just recently became US citizens. They did not vote in this year's election, the first year they are eligible. Why you ask? Well, apparently someone told them they had to PAY to vote. PAY.....TO VOTE!!!!! Ugh, this irritates me even more because they are minorities (Hmong). I LOVE PEOPLE.

No comments: