2/15/2007

Negative Kudos: Tim Hardaway


Former Miami Heat basketball player, Tim Hardaway joins the long line of homophobic assholes by making some harsh statements about homosexuals shortly after former Utah Jazz player John Amaechi came out of the closet. Here is what he had to say:

First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room.

Yeah, because he would totally molest all his teammates one by one because as a gay man he is attracted to every single man in the world. Oh and also this:

You know I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. So yeah, I don't like it.

And:

If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room that's upset and can't concentrate and always worried about him in the locker room or on the court or whatever, it's going to be hard for your teammates to win and accept him as a teammate.


I sincerely hope that not all players are as hateful as you, asshat.

Oh, and what a surprise, he feed the media a nicely prepared kiss ass apology not that much later:

"Yes, I regret it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said I hate gay people, or anything like that. That was my mistake."

Really sincere!

No comments: