3/20/2006

Ok, here is another one

I come from a family of 6. We, for the most part, always lived in an apartment flat. 3 bedrooms, so 2 people per bedroom. I was always surrounded by people. I liked it that way. Even if I was in a room alone (which I rarely was) I could hear someone in my family in the next room. I never felt lonely. Sure, sometimes I was annoyed to high hell, but upon some reflection the "confined" spaces that we lived in, made us closer as a family. (Note: I think it should be mandatory for everyone to live his way. It seems ridiculous that a family of three have a huge house. It just seems like a waste of space. My sister, the conservationist, is rubbing off on me.)

Now that I live by myself, I have the TV on a lot. Even if I am not watching it, and instead am on the computer, or cleaning, I still usually have it on. It gives me the illusion that someone is there, like a roommate. I like the noise, I don't like silence.

Anyway, because I have the TV without really watching, I catch things without realizing what is going on. Like just a while ago, I turned to the TV and was taken back by this bloated looking person. It was Boston Legal's James Spader. Remember when your face had a chiseled like definition, and you had awesome feathered hair? Ahh, how age changes us. Sometimes it is good to us (George Clooney yum, Denzel Washington drool, Matthew Fox yay) sometimes it is not (James Spader, Bruce Jenner handsome before multiple surgeries, Marlon Brando). I am one to talk. I will probably land in the latter list. Heck, I am already in the latter list.

No comments: