1/18/2006

Poor guy...I don't think they pay you enough to do that

For my work, I go to meet with different agencies in the city. I do this to see what they can do for me, my company and the clients of my company. Plus, when I go around to meet with these people, I can add them to my "community linkages" for Public Allies. So the more I meet, the better I look, or something like that.

Anyway. As I was driving, I was noticed that some bank/credit/loan place had some advertisement going on. They had a guy, standing on that island thingy in the middle of the busy city street, dressed up like the Statue of Liberty holding a sign that said something I didn't quite see, but I think it said "Income Tax". Maybe it was a friendly reminder that tax season is coming soon. Seeing that guy standing there had me thinking many different things. Here is the list of things running through my head as I saw him:

1. That guy is lucky it is a mild winter. (It has been in the 30 degrees Fahrenheit for more than a week. This is incredible, considering winter in Wisconsin can get bitterly cold. Negatives anyone?)
2. Is that guy a permanent employee? Or is it someone that they paid that day to do that stuff?
3. Look at the title of this blog.
4. I don't think Milwaukee is big enough for that type of shoot.
5. Doesn't that stuff work better with foot traffic? I think my point of not exactly knowing what that sign said speaks to this idea.
6. Once again, look at the title of this blog.... I mean...It's January!!!

No comments: