10/05/2004

I want my two dollars!!!(ok so it was really five)

Do you ever look at bad things that happened to you in the past, that you forgot about, and just rethinking about them make you upset all over again? So, out of the blue, for no reason at all, I remembered this story from when I was a kid:

It was second grade around Christmas time. Every school my school set up this little "store" where you could buy really cheap things for your family. If memory serves me correctly, my mom gave me five dollars to spend. I kept it in a wallet in my backpack in the coat room. When it was time to go to the store, I found that I only have a wallet full of pennies!!! Someone had stolen my money. I reported this to the teacher, but it was too late. I still bought stuff but it was not high quality stuff (like I could really buy high quality stuff at this place but you get the idea). My teacher found out later who it was and we all had a meeting together where the girl apologized but was not really punished.

MAN!!! That still pisses me off. Maybe it was karma giving me an advanced payment for making that boy cry in fourth grade...hmmm.

I wonder if my mom even remembers this story, or if I told her. Memories are so blurry.

No comments: