9/11/2013

Soul Pancake Challenge -Chewing on Life's Big Questions - Post #1 - How has my sense of right and wrong evolved?

I'm trying out another challenge for myself. I won't necessarily be blogging everyday, but there will be at least one post a week.

This most recent challenge has been influenced by a book I just purchased: Rainn Wilson's (yes, Dwight from the Office) Soul Pancake: Chew on Life's Big Questions. I bought the book after getting addicted to watching video's uploaded to the similarly named YouTube channel. The channel makes videos that are uplifting, funny, thought provoking and just all around good. The book asks questions that make you think about philosophy, art, love, creativity, science, etc (all with some pretty cool art). So I decided to use this blog to answer some of the book's questions. It's about to get deep up in this business.

Here is the basic set up. Each page of the book has one main question, three "dig deeper" questions along with random quotes and facts around the topic. First up, from the "Introspection, Reflection and Identify" section:

DIG DEEPER:
"When is it important to rebel?" - When the powers-that-be are enforcing laws that limit the freedoms of people, even if the enforcement does not personally affect you.
"What will you never change your mind about?" - That there is good in the world and you don't have to look that hard to find it.
"What have you unlearned since your childhood?" - Perfection exists. No one is perfect. People make mistakes and should be given a chance for forgiveness.

BIG QUESTION:
"How has your sense of right and wrong evolved?" - By my experiences of getting to know new people from different walks of life, who have made me rethink my opinions and my truths. Sometimes those opinions have even changed.

No comments: