5/03/2011

All the Celebrities I Will See In My Life Have Been Seen In One Day This Past Weekend

While in Washington DC, I happened to stay in the same hotel that was holding the White House Correspondent's Dinner. Win! While I was not smart/fast enough to take photos, I can share a list of the celebrities along with a short story of my "interaction" (if any) with them.

Seth Meyers (started by my friend Ember shouting at him from my hotel room, followed by being within in 10 feet of him in the same elevator bank, followed by finding out that he was just two hotel rooms away from me.)
Ian Somerhalder
Chris Colfer
Heather Morris
Bradley Cooper (shorter than i would expect, but dare I say it...if possible the camera makes him uglier. The man is good looking and super nice to his fans who he went directly up to and hugged).
Carmello Anthony and his his Yaya (or is it Lala? I don't know, I just remember her being an MTV VJ).
Joan Rivers (to quote Ember, "She looks like a hot mess, but I love her.")
Selma Hayek (She was trying to go the direction where there were less gawkers, most likely due to the fact that she wasn't yet dressed up. She looked gorgeous either way. Ember and I spotted her. We loud whispered, "Selma!" She turned to look at us and waved).
Mila Kunis, who in real life looks like she weighs as much as my not quite 4-year old niece
Andy Samberg
Bill Hader
Chase Crawford
Matthew Morrison
Arianna Huffington - who I was standing with while waiting for an elevator the following morning. I kept on looking at her through the side of my eye, deciding whether or not it was her. I was so embarrassed at myself that I just decided to walk in the Executive Lounge to pick up a cup of coffee instead. As I walked away I heard her speak. Yep, it was her.
Norah O'Donnell
Janet Napolitano
Ben Bernake
Geraldo Rivera (when we saw him, he was smiling and waving to the crowd while he also appeared to be following a rather pissed-off looking younger blond. He kept on following her until he appeared to have disappeared, then he came back without her, but he was with..
Cee-lo Green - who really appears to love his fans (or maybe he just loves the attention).
Kevin Johnson (formally of the Suns, current Mayor of Sacramento)
Brian Williams - I waved excited to him and yelled, "Hi Brian!" He waved back and pointed behind him and said, "Matthews is behind me, but he is not that important." Side note: Brian Williams is missing three things to being the perfect man - 1. Being age appropriate. 2. Being single. 3. Being in real life.
Chris Matthews (he was behind Brian Williams, and not as important). His hair was a lot more Donald Trumpy than I expected. Speaking of....
Donald Trump - meh. Best thing about him was when someone from the crowd shouted at him, "Hey Donald, I have my birth certificate!"
Lance Armstrong
Anna Paquin
Steven Moyer (both he and Anna were also very gracious to their fans. Love!)
Jane Lynch
John Hamm and his partner (who is also an actress, but I cannot name a show she has been on)
Eric Handler
America Ferrera
Zach Galifanikas (did I spell that right?)
Jeremy Piven
Tim and Tyne Daly
Guy who plays Ken Cosgrove on Mad Men (who is also very handsome in real life).
David and Patricia Arquette
Amy Poehler
Fred Armisen
Jack Macbrayer
Colin Powel
Rosario Dawson (got a friendly wave from her)
Paula Abdul (who Ember pointed out appeared to not know how to navigate the driveway)
Rahm Emanuel (in a very business like manner, I asked if I could shake his hand, and he did)
Rashida Jones
Eliot Spitzer (I noticed many people keeping their distance from him. I wonder why)
Jason Sudeikis - I saw a car approaching him from behind, so I yelled "What out Jason, there's a car behind you!" He turned around to look, got out of the way, and turned to look at me and waved. We are now going to be married, and raised his illegitimate child with January Jones (that last part is all speculation).
Bill O'Reily
Dennis Miller
Will.I.am
Shawn White - The Flying Tomato
John Legend (who is also incredibly handsome in real life) Ember said hello to him as he exited the elevators and he acknowledged her by asking her how she was doing. She responded by turning as red as the The Flying Tomato's hair.
Paul Rudd - Awesome beard. Quite shorter than I would have imagined.
Gayle King - Had probably the longest conversation with her. She is really friendly and humble. No wonder Oprah love her.

I'm pretty sure I failed to mention a person here and there. But you get the point. I saw lots of people. And it was awesome.

No comments: