5/26/2011

Fashion Advice from a Hobo

I am well aware that I should not be dispensing any fashion advice or criticism. I have been told that I dress like a hobo (a cute hobo of course) and I still have and wear clothing items that I had in high school. (Sure, you think that its an accomplishment, having not gained any weight in 10+ years, but really it means that I was kind of big to start off). Regardless of this, I have two fashion complaints, that I just can't get my head around.

1. New-ish fashion trend - Feather hair extensions! - So it's probably not all that new, but remember I am from the Midwest, so trends tend to hit us about a decade later. I was completely oblivious to this trend even when it became popular in Milwaukee, until my friend pointed it out to me (big ups to Ember). Now I see it all of the time! Google Image it if you need to know what I am talking about. Not a fan. I do not understand why this is cool. It reminds me of Ke$ha, and whenever I think of her, I feel slightly dirty, and I am a fan of feeling clean.

2. White sweat socks with dress shoes. Why do guys do this? It irritates me. I feel for the guys that have foot issues (ew) so they get a pass. But those guys that have every else perfect. Nice shirt/pant combo. Everything looks nicely pressed. Hair/beard/nails are perfectly groomed. Then....bam!.....white sweat socks combined with the black/brown dress shoe. Its like their significant other/mom got them dressed but failed to think about the socks. Who knows what is going on with the underwear situation!

Once again I will highlight that I am currently dressed and coiffed like a hobo. I am clearly the one to judge.

No comments: