6/07/2006

Washing Cars the Carrie Way

I have been driving around in my car for a couple of weeks now, with bird poop all over it. This, of course, is on top of 9 months worth of dirt and salt residue from not washing it since inheriting it from my parents when I moved to Milwaukee. Normally I just let the rain wash my car, but it hasn't been doing the trick lately. When I mentioned to Carrie I needed to get it washed (and that I needed to get a tan) she said I should come over to her place and we would wash our cars and then lay out in the sun. I had nothing else to do on that Sunday so I went.

Let me just say, Carrie is completely thorough when it comes to car washing. First you hose down the car. Then you suds it up, but not completely because you don't want the soap to dry. Then you hose it down again. Next you get one of those fancy drying towels and wipe up the excess water. While doing this, you open your car doors and wipe off the immediate inside so there will be no rust. She also windexed my windows for me (along with a little GooGone for the sticker residue that was left over on my window). She asked if I wanted to vacuum out my car, and I believe I gave her a, "Wha...?" face. Come on now. It doesn't have to be clean all over. I just need a car that runs and I am happy.

I am not an idiot when it comes to car washing, I just like to pay to run my car through an automatic car wash and not do it by hand, because I am lazy.

2 comments:

jwiltshire said...

When I first saw this post, I thought Carrie as in the movie.

I almost did not read this post.

Holland said...

Aren't you glad you did. It is such an interesting blog.