5/10/2005

In the words of Stephanie Tanner....HOW RUDE!!!!

People in Madison are rude: the drivers, the "bums" on the street, the teaching assistants. Let me tell you why.
Drivers: On my way back from a meeting with my TAs, I almost got ran over by a guy getting out of a restaurant parking lot. He was looking only in the opposite direction for oncoming traffic, so he didn't see me coming. I didn't think he would turn because there was still oncoming traffic so I walked in front of his car. Half way through the driveway, he starts to go and nips me on the leg with his bumper. I banged my fist on his hood to get his attention. He apologized quickly and sped away.
Bum on street: walked by him twice in short time period, asked me twice if I had change. Told him the first time I didn't have any (which was the truth) but he didn't recognize me five minutes later and asked me again. Even my quasi-ADD attention span can recognize people in the time period. Ok, so this one isn't so rude.
Teaching assistant: While I was giving my speech on what causes crime and how to stop it, my TA was not looking at me and doodling in his notebook. I better get an A.

On another note, I feel like I really packed on the winter weight this year. I blame Atkins diet craze. Being the semi-non-conformist I am, I decided to, instead of following the trend, to carb-o-load. I never go a day without bread, pasta , potato, or sugars. This would be a little ok if I was active, but lets be honest here....I am the Queen of Coach Potatoes so the non-diet caught up with me. Ahh, maybe I will hit the gym this summer (like I say every year).

No comments: