1/25/2005

It's Janet. Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

In my psychology classes, I have learned over and over again about the three levels of consciousness in Psychoanalysis. You have your Ego, your Superego and your Id. They also have titles which state their purpose which are, respectively, reality principle, moral principle and the pleasure principle. Whenever the professors call the id, "the pleasure principle" I start singing the Janet Jackson song of the same title in my head. I completely lose track of the lecture as I replay the video in my mind. Janet Jackson looking super cool in ripped jeans and a jean jacket with perfectly feathered hair. She was dancing in front of a mirror in what looked like a dance hall. Her dance even included a little "step on a chair and tip that back over" trick. It was major cool. Here's the lyrics for you because I know you want to sing along.

No comments: