1/26/2005

I wonder what the babies are thinking

As I was walking down State Street on my way to class, I saw this adorable baby in one of those infant carrier-harness things. The baby looked about 4-6 months old. It had on this big thick winter suits and a colorful hat. It was pretty cold outside around 5 degrees with wind chill, so I felt bad because the cold was still able to get to his/her face. The baby looked pissed off. Its eyes were squinty with a furrowed brow and its mouth was all pursed (it still looked cute).

Then I started to think. I would be pissed off if I were that baby too. Think about it. Having this ridiculously big snow suit on then being constrained into a harness, in which there is no movement or bending of legs or arms. The baby's 4 appendages were sticking out, it looked like a star. To top it off, the baby was strapped on the dad's chest face out. That would be like a scary ride. You are suspended, from what seems like no where, you have no control of where you are going and you would feel like you could crash into anybody/thing at anytime. Boy am I glad I am not a baby.

1 comment:

Holland said...

Wow, a regular reader that I have never met. Thanks.