2/10/2008

Still Alive and Without the Internet and Now Addicted to Rockband

Not much has happened since I last blogged. I'm still working and loving the job. Its really surprising, because initially going into my position, I didn't understand the workings of association management companies. Now, I am thinking about how this job can benefit me longterm. It's exciting and kind of scary. Scary only because when I think of longterm anything, it scares me. I'm a bit of a commitment-phobe.

Currently, I'm early waiting the arrival of my brother and sister-in-law's first baby...my first nephew. I actually came home to Sheboygan because I was convinced that this was THE WEEKEND. However, it didn't happen. I feel bad for Melody, my sister-in-law. Everyone around her was so sure that she was going to deliver really early, and here it is a day after her due date.

When I first saw her this weekend, I asked her how she was doing, she just looked at me and sighed deeply while every so slightly rolling her eyes. She then went into how she can't sleep because it is too uncomfortable. Makes me stand even firmer on the stance of me NEVER having babies. I'm way to selfish to give up my body for someone else to feed off of for 9+ months.

Offhand, I just have to say that it feels weird to "surf" the internet now. After checking my email, facebook and myspace, I don't really know what else to do. I am acutally liking this new found freedom. For serious, I thought I was getting addicted to the internet for awhile. Its nice not having to rely so heavily on something.

Speaking of addictions...I just got to play Rockband for the first time this weekend, and HOLY SHIT! Is that stuff awesome. I am probably the worst player ever, but it is still fun. I got to play with my brothers and Melody last night (by the way imagine a heavily pregnant lady playing a tiny guitar resting untop of her stomach...too funny). My dad said that it was humourous to watch 4 young adults get so giddy about a video game. It made him flash back to our even younger years.

Highlights of the Rockband experience:
-The singer doesn't even have to sing really, just hum in pitch. Which is probably why its something I am better at.
-My brother was so focused on "winning fans" that he demoted me from drums to guitar to bass. My mom passed by us and asked me what was wrong, I just frowned and said, "Andy thinks I suck, so he put me on bass."
-My niece Lainie was over while her parents were out for a night at the Milwaukee Symphony. My mom asked me to keep an eye on her while she finished cleaning up. I was practicing my drumming while Lainie was fussing in her exasaucer. I just kept on playing but saying, "What's wrong Laaaaaaaiiiiiiinnniiiieee?" in a funny voice. It was my way of trying to pacify her while still playing. Hey...it worked.
-This morning I woke my mom up because I was rocking out so hard on the drums.
-I have now perfected my "power stance" and high kick while playing the guitar/bass.

I think I may have to visit Sheboygan more often.

No comments: