2/14/2008

My Very First Nephew...I Shall Call Him Tino

But really his name is Ian James. Melody, my sister-in-law, went into labor early this morning. I went to work, knowing that it would take a while, and that it would be hard to travel home due to yet another snow storm. Yet I still drove despite less than adequate road conditions to be with my family, my brother and sister-in-law and my new little nephew.

Unfortunately I can't share photos, because I forgot my USB cord. I shall save that for another day, another post.

Little Ian has blonde hair, which is totally odd for my side of the family as all the babies were born with dark hair. Who knows, he might grow out of it. He was 22inches and 8lbs and 1 oz. 5 days past the due date. On Valentine's on less. I like to think that Melody had this all planned out. She is such a romantic. Or maybe it was Ian's idea. He knew as an adult, he had to have a way to remember Valentine's. I have decided to call him Tino, short for Valentino. He looks more like a Tino anyway.

A quick note about the crazy ride home. Milwaukee to Sheboygan is about a little more than 60 miles so it takes about an hour at most to get back home usually. Well it took me two hours to get home today (35mph on the Freeway? Oh yeah). Family at the hospital knew that I left right after work so after a while people got worried. My mom and sister both called me and I didn't answer (I honestly didn't get any "Missed" calls even though their phones have "Outgoing" calls to me). My brother-in-law was about to drive to make sure I wasn't in a ditch. My sister, according to my mother, was almost crying. And my brother was worried, according to my mother, because he didn't want me to be hurt because I was coming home to see his baby. It turned out the last time they called me, I was sitting in the room with Melody, holding Ian. I wasn't in a ditch.

To conclude: If need be: my family will re-populate the earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are loved, that is for sure!