12/12/2006

Even though I am no longer in school, I get my own mini winter vacation.

I got a little bit scared yesterday when my boss came into my office hands me a piece of paper and says that I have been there too long and they have to let me go...

*me giving blank stare which whimpers confusion and fright*

...What she really meant to say is that with the calender coming to an end, I have not taken enough paid vacation/personal days that would not roll into the next year if I didn't eat them up by the end of the month. What does this all mean? Well, this means I have Dec 20th-Jan 1 off. No work for almost two weeks. Weee. I do not know what I will do with myself.

P.S. I got news recently that my brother is quitting UW-Madison. Probably the dumbest move he has/will ever make but whatever. I keep on repeating to myself, "It's his life, not mine. It's his life not mine." But if there is any truth to the rumors that he quit because he didn't want to end up "like me" (that being in a 'low paying/no respect job' that isn't representative of my degree) I will have to slap a pinko-commie-turned-capitalist bitch.

P.S.S. Today I am one year older, and I am feeling old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Hollie,

Happy Birthday to You!

We miss you and love you. I bet you are looking for the two weeks off. I thought you were working for a long time without a vacation!

Love, Mom

P.S. Dad forgot to call and say Happy Birthday, but to let you know - it was his idea to send you an e-card and he wants to do something special with you when you come home.

Love,

Mom (and Dad - in his heart I know he would want me to include him)