6/19/2005

Mixed bag of news

So let's start with the good news. I was accepted into Public Allies. This means I will be living in Milwaukee by September and working over 40 hours a week. I seriously cannot wait. When can a person say they are excited about working over 40 hours a week? Hardly ever. Plus it will be the first time in my life that I am living completely by myself. Scary, but I can't wait.

Should a 14 year-old be pregnant? No. Tell my cousin this, she seems to not have gotten the memo. The rule is you need at least a little experience of high school before getting knocked up. Nothing can explain my disappointment and sadness right now, not only for her but for that poor child she is carrying.

Summer camp starts tomorrow. I will be leading a group of fifth graders. That is going to be so different from the group of second graders I lead last year. So much more attitude and less enthusiasm for the activities. I remember when I was in fifth grade and I was way too cool for everything. I am most likely going to end up with little me-s. Good grief.

What is with this Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes engagement? If that isn't a farce then I guess I have never seen "true love."

No comments: