3/15/2005

Creepy

I hate to say it but people walking down the street, by themselves and not on a cellphone, who are smiling really creep me out. They seem to have no reason for smiling. Maybe it bothers me because I am a coldhearted bitch, but come on. I must admit seeing someone smile makes me smile as well, but not for the reason one might think. It makes me smile because I am thinking, "Wow, that person must be crazy. And to me that is funny."

Today I was walking down the street and I saw this skinny indie guy walk past me with that Derek Zoolander, sucked-in cheeks/pursed lips look. It made me smile (on the inside though because I don't want to look crazy).
I also saw this guy who was seriously rocking out to whatever he was listening to on his headphones. I am talking rock face with an air drum solo (like air-guitar but with drumsticks).

See if you get this. It is from comedian Demetri Martini:
"I like to use 'I Can't Believe it's Not Butter' on my toast in the morning, because sometimes when I eat breakfast, I like to be incredulous. 'How was breakfast?' 'Unbelievable.'"
I like it because it is smarter than me.

No comments: