12/07/2004

If you are innocent, you might want to close your eyes to read this one

For one of my classes, I had to read this article on why "the gays" should not be parents. They use the normal arguments that the children would lose some kind of gender role/figure and grow up all screwed up and stuff. I am sure that there are tons of articles to disprove that theory. The argument that I liked best, that was used in this article, was how if the kids grew up in a household were homosexual relationship were socially acceptable, then they would think homosexual behavior would be ok, and therefore be more likely to partake in that type of behavior (I ALSO DISAGREE WITH THIS, BUT IF IT IS TRUE...WHO CARES?). What is this type of behavior? Well apparently it is: anal sex, oral sex, and S & M stuff. All this stuff has an increased chance of getting HIV/AIDS or physical health problems. Umm, yeah. Last time I heard, these things weren't only for "the gays". I am pretty sure there are some heterosexuals used that stuff as well. Even if that is the case, then heterosexual sex would be seen as unhealthy. I have an easy solution to everyone's problems: CONDOMS and LUBE and keep everything else clean. Once again I apologize for the inappropriateness, but it really angered me.

No comments: