7/08/2013

July Oh My Blog - Post #8 - Lies I Look Forward to Convincing My Nieces and Nephews are True

Everyone needs that uncle or aunt that is the jokester, the prankster, the kidder. For my childhood, that was my Uncle Peter. I remember one time when I was trying to get him to take a picture of me, my sister and brother. He told me that he would ... if we picked our nose. This happened:

Note I was the only one with my finger jammed right in there.

I want to now apologize to my brothers and sister (and the sisters and brothers of my in-laws) because I am staking claim to that aunt/uncle position. I already have my corny jokes/lies/pranks laid out:

1. Telling Lucy she was named after a released pinniped (lol - "loose seal").
Get it...Lucille...Loose Seal....Well, I think it's funny.

2. Getting this picture as a senior ad for Ian's future yearbook:

3. Convincing Lainie that when Gaga and Papa were young, the world was black and white. Here is the evidence:
Papa was a child circa 1860.

4. Recount the story to Teddy how we ate his twin in womb:
I know it's shocking...but it's true kid.

5. Because he once famously told me that he wanted to take his baby brother back to the hospital, I will let Gabe know the "truth": That after a night of crying all night, his parents tried to take him back to the baby store, but there was a strict no money back guarantee. Luckily for him, his parents grew to think he was OK :-)

Don't let those big blue eyes fool you. There is a menacing deviousness in there!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous kids, all of them :) Lucy looks cute with hats on, especially the cowboy one. Two pretty princesses (although judging from his face, he was beginning to rethink his wearing of the dress). Gabe looks like an angel....no deceptive eyes! Teddy looks perplexed, but still a gorgeous little guy!

Holland said...

You've been fooled by the eyes as well I see!