11/27/2005

Turkey Madness Weekend

Hey there people. Thanksgiving weekend has just passed, so I figure that it is time to update all my loyal readers on my going-ons. I got off work a little early (wooooo) so this meant I didn't have to speed to the UPS store to pick up my replacement phone. Thanksgiving itself was uneventful. My relatives did make me cry, because they like to remind me every year that I am single, but not worry because, "I will find the right man soon." Ugh. I wish my sister wasn't practically engaged to her boyfriend, because I would have no problem with my relatives wondering about my love life, because there would be no comparison. I am a sad lonely single person, get used to it, Aunt Carol.

Later on in the weekend, I went to see Rent, the movie. It was good but not outstanding. Rosario Dawson surprised me with her voice. My favorite scene is what they did with the Tango Maureen. I just love to watch people dance the tango. I wish I could dance.

I also went to this really skeezy bar back in my hometown. It was filled with 30-40 something year-olds who were wearing clothes that a teenager would wear to try to look older, but only they come off looking slutty. Everyone looked like meth-heads. I wanted out immediately. It just reminded me why I don't like my hometown.

Funniest thing said this weekend: Having a conversation with my family about an on-line quiz I took about selling out. My brother said, "I would sleep with someone for $20.........ANYONE." Just the way he said it, Hilarious. My sister's boyfriend then said, "I bet you would pay $20 for sex." Ah, mocking others? Welcome to the family.

No comments: