11/07/2005

My first ever...

Speeding ticket.

That's right. For the first time in my life I was not only pulled over, but I got my self a speeding ticket. When the police officer pulled me over, he did not even do the normal, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" thing. No, instead he said something like, "You were clocked at 85 mph. A citation will be given today. Please stay in your car, with the headlights on for safety purposes." I was sitting in my car dumbfounded, for three reasons. First, he didn't let me utter one word. Second, I could not believe I was going 85 mph. When I saw the lights, I looked down and I was going 75mph. Third, I was never even pulled over before, and the ticket was $260 and 6 points!

Now let me tell you why I was going 75mph (in a 65mph zone). Going at about 70mph, I was passing a car that was in the right lane, when a car came zooming up behind me. I picked up the speed a bit because he was riding me. All of a sudden the car to my right sped up so I couldn't pass her/him. I tried to remain the same speed. That's when all three of us passed the police car. The other two cars drastically changed their speeds, whereas I did not (I was always under the assumption that it was unsafe to change speeds that quickly).

So, I am going to try and contest the ticket. What do you think? I am already sure I cannot get it taken away completely, but do I have a shot at least of it being reduced? I mean come on....$260!!! And now I am on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Appeals website. I have a record, hehe.

I was headed home to Sheboygan while I was pulled over. My teenage cousin had her baby. I pretty much predicted it. I called my mom last Thursday asking if anyone had seen her in a while and that someone should call/see her. Later that day my mom called to let me know that my cousin was in labor. The baby was three weeks early, so I wasn't subconsciously guesstimating. I am totally psychic. The baby is soooooo tiny. It is definitely the tiniest baby I saw, but then again mostly the babies I see are relatives and my family has big-ass babies. The baby's name is Alana, but pronounced A-lay-na (not A-lah-na like one would think). Blame it on teenage stupidity.

1 comment:

jessicarae said...

Coming from a long line of speeders, I know that they will not reduce the fine--only the points, probably to three. Look forward to a drastic increase in your insurance. Holla.