10/24/2005

It's a tad nippy

I finally turned my thermostat up to about 65 degrees. Before today, I didn't even turn it on. Living in an apartment complex, you are almost blanketed with the other's heat. Maybe I am just cold because I am starting to feel sick. I am usually a true Wisconsinite in that I can handle extreme weather changes, because weather can change at a drop of a hat here.

I have been eating grilled cheese sandwiches like a maniac. I actually went through a loaf of bread on my own, with making them. Maybe because they are cheap and easy to make, or maybe because I am going through a nostalgic part of my life, but I seriously cannot get enough of them.

So, I started a profile with myspace. I don't really know why I did, maybe because I was bored and had nothing else to do. (Really not having cable has increased my internet time by 2000, this was a completely random number by the way). Anywho, in my people search I came across the profile of Jason Hammel, who is the drummer for Mates of State. In it, he put down his religious affiliation as Scientology. I literally groaned when I read it. As bad as it may sound, "my opinion of someone goes down once I find out they are a Scientologist." I quote this, because I highly believe that this phrase is taken word for word from a conversation I have had with CM, who was the one originated it. (I want to give credit where credit is due.) I almost hate myself for saying that, because I believe that people should practice whatever religion they want without criticism, but then I remember how crazy Scientology is. Oh crap...are they going to come after me and sue now?

Speaking of crazy, those wacky Jacksons are up to it again. Janet Jackson, supposedly has a secret 18 year-old daughter from her first marriage. Now if this is true, I have to give mad props to Janet for keeping yet another major thing a secret for so long (the first being her second marriage). What I find weird, is the alleged daughter's name is the same as Janet's second husband. Hmmm......

No comments: