11/18/2012

You are cool, and I mean that in the non-sarcastic way

I like to think that I have a lot of friends. My weekends typically don't end up being lonely, because I usually have someone to hang out with it. I even have a number of friends that I can't easily hang out with because they have moved away from me or I have moved away from them (tear). I'm really one really lucky lady to have so many awesome, sincere, intelligent people in my life.

With these friendships, there is usual a moment that occurred between us, in which I said to myself, "Dang, that person is awesome! I most have them in my life forever." Here are some  highlights:
  • Watching someone you had just met, run (soberly) into and bounce off of a closed screen door. Only to watch her follow-up with a Mary Catherine Gallagher "Superstar" pose.  FRIEND!
  • Participating in a river clean-up with a friend of a friend that you barely know and getting him to help you make the couple nearby (that is on there first date no less) feel uncomfortable, by serenading them with super sexy renditions of Ginuwine's Pony and Silk's Freak Me. FRIEND!
  • Working late one night, and hearing your co-worker start singing the Humpy Dance out loud, alone at his cubicle. FRIEND!
  • Your new work friend hiding in the bathroom, while you use her t-shirt to demonstrate to the rest of your co-workers your fancy t-shirt folding trick. FRIEND!
  • Being the worst spotter during a trust exercise and letting your friend fall and end up getting a real bad-ass bruise (I was the bad spotter in this situation, sorry!).  FRIEND!

If your story is not in here, don't fret!  It's probably because A) It's too embarrassing to share with the world (not our friendship, just the situation), B) We've friends for so long, that I cannot remember the moment that defined our friendship, you were always just there, I love that you were!


No comments: